Friday, October 26, 2012

Russian Spice Tea...a taste of home

Some of my best childhood memories are of sleeping over at my grandma's house. Nothing especially exciting happened; we just talked and drank hot tea, hot chocolate, or in the winter, her Russian Spice Tea. I'm not sure why she called it that, but it is one of my absolute favorite drinks! We're about 3000 miles from our family now, but recipes help us keep home in our hearts. So now, from my grandma's kitchen to mine, and now to yours...here is a delicious recipe for a comforting cold weather drink!


Russian Spice Tea

1/2 jar orange drink (like Tang) ~18 ounces or more
1 box apricot jello
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
1 package per sweetened lemonade mix (I use Wylers) if you can't find pre-sweetened, just add a little more sugar
1/4-1/3 cup instant tea

This is super simple! All you need to do is mix all the ingredients together and store them in a jar. I know it keeps at least 6 months but could probably be kept longer!

When you're ready to have a cup, mix 1-2 tablespoons in with a cup of HOT water and stir until it dissolves.

Hope you enjoy,

Blessings!
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment